Tuesday, October 7, 2008

LittleBigPlanet

LittleBigPlanet is quite possibly one of the cutest video games I have seen recently. I had heard a bit about it in passing conversation and on a few blogs, but never knew what it was all about until I read this article for class. I think the concept behind the game is brilliant, and I can see it spawning a huge online community as well as attracting many people who wouldn't necessarily consider themselves "gamers." I enjoy the occasional Halo tournament, but I've never really strayed from Nintendo consoles (hopelessly addicted to wii) and games such as Mario Party, Zelda and Super Mario. I never felt the need to get a PS3...until now! The ability to customize everything down to the character is extremely appealing to me. I've also always been a fan of a game that allows for collaboration and interaction with others. The easiness with which one can share their created levels and garner feedback or collaborate with someone across the globe will increase popularity and bring it beyond the realm of the gaming world. Who hasn't at one point or another thought, "hey, it would be really cool if there were a video game like this...." Based on the wikipedia article, it seems like there are many levels of customization, so people have an unlimited amount of options when it comes to creating various levels. The New York Times article also noted that graphic novels and comic books will inevitably spawn from the LittleBigPlanet community. I look forward to seeing what people come up with...hopefully I'll be playing alongside them!

1 comment:

calightning1 said...

Sharon,

I am glad you like the LITTLE BIG PLANET possibilities!

I hope you follow the game after its release on October 23rd or so.

Cynthia